The Student News Site of Spectrum High School

NOISE News

Breaking News

NOISE News

NOISE News

SVC helps bring students a voice

Lyla Glinsek
Posters for SVC hang around the building, representing the group.

SVC, also known as Student Voice Collaborative is a group of students hand picked by the teachers to help give Spectrum students representations for decisions that are made regarding them in the school setting. There are many people in SVC, ranging from teachers who are mentors to students of each grade level. Which shows how important SVC is.

Danica Orth, a sophomore said “I think a cool thing about it is that there’s at least two or three people per grade.”

The goal of it though is to help give students proper representation so that teachers and administrators know what the students are thinking and what they want. 

Riley Anaker, a freshman said “Last year, as many people may know, the parking lot there was a little SVC had a bit of a hand in that to help getting the parking lot pushed along. Climate surveys that get sent out every quarter or so to see how people are doing in school.”

The 2022-2023 end of year Climate Survey. (River Walters)

Each of these have impacted the student body by listening to the thoughts and opinions on the student body. Looking towards the future SVC plans to spend this year focusing on the school culture and the ways to improve it. 

Orth said “We’re going to maybe look at tutoring and then some of the different clubs.”

Anaker said “That’s the biggest goal is making the school a better place for everyone.”

That goal is a pretty big goal with SVC entering its fourth year. Etta Glinsek, senior and a SVC veteran said “I’ve been in it for 4 years. I’m the longest person there besides Ellie Fox and yeah I’ve had a good time [in the] last four years.”

SVC overall has contributed a lot to Spectrum but there is going to be a lot more coming in the next few years with all of the SVC members working hard to amplify every student’s voice. 

Donate to NOISE News

Your donation will support the student journalists of Spectrum High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.

Donate to NOISE News