The Student News Site of Spectrum High School

NOISE News

NOISE News

NOISE News

SVC helps bring students a voice

Ly
Posters for SVC hang around the building, representing the group.

You might have heard the letters S, V, and C mentioned around the school. These letters refer to a very important group here at Spectrum

Student Etta Glinsek says, “SVC stands for, ‘student voice collaborative’ and it’s to give students at Spectrum a voice in bigger decisions.”

SVC has a number of students and teachers involved.

Danica Orth says, “I think a cool thing about it is that there’s at least two or three people per grade.”

They have accomplished a great deal throughout their history.

Riley Anaker states, “Last year, as many people may know, the parking lot there was a little SVC had a bit of a hand in that to help getting the parking lot pushed along. Climate surveys that get sent out every quarter or so to see how people are doing in school.”

Danica Orth mentions, “We’re going to maybe look at tutoring and then some of the different clubs.”

Etta Glinsek, veteran of SVC reminisces about her time on the crew, “I’ve been in it for 4 years I’m the longest person there besides Ellie Fox and yeah I’ve had a good time last four years.”

SVC looks to the year ahead keeping their mission in mind.

Riley finishes with, “That’s the biggest goal is making the school a better place for everyone.”

SVC is a group that contributes greatly to our school and community. They are constantly working to find new ways to solve problems. We are excited to see what else they do this year, and thankful for all theĀ  previous contributions they’ve made.

Donate to NOISE News

Your donation will support the student journalists of Spectrum High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.

Donate to NOISE News