The Student News Site of Spectrum High School

NOISE News

Breaking News

NOISE News

NOISE News

Spectrum’s new spring sport coaches in hopes for successful seasons

Josh Neuhaus
Students warm up at track meet.

The new spring sports coaches are excited to start at Spectrum High School. With a new spring sports season, there are multiple new coaches at Spectrum. Two of these new coaches are Nicholas Johnson and Lindsey Hamilton. These new coaches have lots of things that they are looking forward to doing with their kids to help them in their sports.

The new coaches for the spring sports season have some previous experience in their sport that will be helpful and beneficial for them while they are coaching.

“I’ve been golfing ever since I was little and my dad is an avid golfer and has been to a lot of golf tournaments and I enjoy it,” Hamilton said. “While other coaches have previous experience coaching in the past. I’ve been playing for awhile since I was in high school, and this is my first stab at coaching it, but with my experience with basketball and just coaching young kids in general makes it an easy transition”

There are many reasons that athletes will go from just playing a sport, to coaching it to others.

“The reason I wanted to take the job was I’ve coached in the past about 6 years and I really enjoyed coaching overall,” Johnson said.

“I’ve been coaching spectrum basketball for awhile,” Hamilton said. “With the opening [coming up a couple of times], it’s another sport I enjoy doing and I enjoy playing so I figured I could branch out further than just basketball.”

For these new coaches, the thing that they look forward most to doing is getting their athletes out to play and fostering a community of teamwork and friendship.

“My goals are to try to have people reach their own personal goals as well as try to reach our goals as a team,” Johnson said. “Whether that’s winning sections or beating any team we haven’t in the past, and lastly to have fun.”

Donate to NOISE News

Your donation will support the student journalists of Spectrum High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.

Donate to NOISE News