The Student News Site of Spectrum High School

NOISE News

Breaking News

NOISE News

NOISE News

The student population continues to grow

Danielle Scott

With each passing year, Spectrum continues to grow to new heights. The three buildings haven’t been here for long, but they are already filling up. The classes have more students in them and the hallways are crowded. Freshman, Maliha Philstrom says, “The hallways are just, like, so much more crowded.” Agreeing with her, Cara Scott, a senior, says, “Classes are getting bigger, hallways are getting smaller.”

In the process of the Spectrum student body growing, the classes have become increasingly packed. Students have been able to see a change in class sizes. Cara says, “I’m used to smaller classes, not as big as they are becoming.” With this, some parents might see an issue in the larger classes. Mr. Brunt says, “It’s really about the class sizes, that’s how parents and constituents perceive, it’s not the overall number, it’s the size of the class. And that’s the real key.” However, the school remains a tight knit community, and with each passing year we hope to keep it that way.

The growth Spectrum has seen reveals nothing about Spectrum’s humble beginnings. Mr. Brunt, who is currently the eighth grade Social Study’s teacher, claims that he was hired during the opening of what is now the high school building. He says, “The building was very full, and then immediately they considered continuing to add because it was very crowded over there.”

The staff and students of Spectrum High School watch as the student body grows bigger. We watch the halls grow more crowded with lockers and people, and the classes grow. We can only wait to see how far Spectrum will go.

Donate to NOISE News

Your donation will support the student journalists of Spectrum High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.

Donate to NOISE News