The Student News Site of Spectrum High School

NOISE News

Breaking News

NOISE News

NOISE News

Quotes can impact everyone’s lives

Quotes on notebook
Emerson Swanson
Quotes on notebook

As we enter the middle of the year, girls tend to have trouble being self-assured. For girls to succeed in this world girls will need confidence, which matters as much as competence. 

There were a few people who wished not to be named and had started to put up sticky notes in the girl’s bathroom. And this was their reason for putting up these sticky notes with inspirational quotes on them, “Women are insecure about so many things, and thought maybe they could help with their confidence. And just a little bit of cheesiness can make them feel better.” They felt like they could help out someone who was struggling with how they viewed themselves or their lives.

Sticky Notes on the walls, Photographers would like to be anonymous.

There were quite a few girls who saw these sticky notes, and this is what they had to say. Emma Montague had said that they helped her gather courage, Lydia Peterson said,  “Yeah, there have been a few that have changed how I view something that’s going on in my life.” Even though the sticky notes are here to help out others tend to ignore them, Finley Swanson said that it’s cool that they are there.

These inspirational quotes have given girls courage. Also, they have helped them look at themselves better, Emma had said this about how they help others, “Probably, I mean like it is probably something that happens.” While Lydia had said this, “Yeah, I definitely think that they can help other people, especially a person like me.” Lydia has benefited from these sticky notes because she has had a hard time recently. 

While these inspirational quotes are just put on a piece of paper that can get thrown away does not mean that they don’t mean anything to another person. Plus inspirational quotes can help anyone out, not just girls. Emma’s favorite inspirational quote is by Winston Churchill and it goes by this, Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Lydia’s inspirational quote is this, there is no light without darkness. Even though she does not remember who the quote is by she still knows the importance of it. 

The people who wished not to be named wanted to encourage anyone and everyone to put up a sticky note. Whether it is inspirational, happy, hopeful, or nice they wish for you to spread some love to anyone you can. Yet with the sticky notes in the bathroom, some other people took some pictures of the quotes and put them up on social media, and they even have spread to Panera and Caribou. So why don’t you make someone’s day and put up a sticky note or two?

Pile of inspirational quotes, Photographers would like to be anonymous
Donate to NOISE News

Your donation will support the student journalists of Spectrum High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.

Donate to NOISE News