The Student News Site of Spectrum High School

NOISE News

Breaking News

NOISE News

NOISE News

New Spectrum marching band

Josh Neuhaus
The marching band plays as the Spectrum High School football team runs onto the field.

This year Spectrum High School has a marching band for the first time in its history. Last year the band director, Ms. Pallin, took a poll with the band students on whether or not the school should start a marching band; 75% agreed to having a marching band, 15% were indifferent, and 10% disagreed.

Many students have different views on marching band,

“I think you have some students that are super ecstatic and ready to roll and then you have other students that are indifferent because they aren’t sure what a marching band entails. Some students aren’t crazy about it, but they’re willing to participate in order to earn their band credit for the year,” Ms. Pallin said.

Students are also looking forwards to what marching band might evolve into.

“Eventually we can get like more types of things. One of the things being like color guard, which I personally really want to do,” Mariana Jasso-Hernandez, a band student, said.

Marching band will help develop many life skills.

“It promotes leadership and discipline within our students. Uniformity of both musical and visual performance. Care and focus are required in marching band.” Ms. Pallin said.

Another band student, Jeremiah Wessling, says “Overall, just my experience as a player in the band will definitely go up.”

Marching band holds many hopes, but we won’t know where it leads until we see it play out.

Donate to NOISE News

Your donation will support the student journalists of Spectrum High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.

Donate to NOISE News