The Student News Site of Spectrum High School

NOISE News

Breaking News

NOISE News

NOISE News

Staff changes at Spectrum High School

Danielle Scott
Mrs. Thompson teaching 10th grade Biology

As the school year starts we meet many new teachers with differing areas of expertise. Each teacher is passionate about their fields and have found a love for teaching them. Mrs. Thompson, the new 10th grade biology, and CCR 2 teacher, has always had a joy for nature and science. Mrs. Navratil, who teaches Composition 1 and Spanish 2, loves her students and teaching them about her subjects. The new Computer Science teacher, Mr. Opsahl, says that he has found joy in teaching since he was young. Mrs. Reemts, the new Phy Ed teacher, found her love for fitness when she was in college and searching for a career path. She said, “When I was going to college I was trying to figure out what to do and I thought, well, I really like health and fitness I should try and find something in that field.

Using their loves and passions, these teachers have built a career to share them with students. Each has their reasons for being a teacher. Mr. Opsahl stated, “I think my favorite part is when the student gets it.” Mrs. Reemts says that she loves the environment that teaching students brings. Agreeing with her, Mrs. Thompson and Mrs. Navratil agree that the friendly environment is one of their favorite parts about teaching. Mrs. Navratil said, “I think the students are really creative and just a really nice group of students and the teachers are super supportive.” 

The school year has taken off with a great start. With our new teachers having a strong beginning, this year is bound to be a great one.

Donate to NOISE News

Your donation will support the student journalists of Spectrum High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.

Donate to NOISE News