The Student News Site of Spectrum High School

NOISE News

Breaking News

NOISE News

NOISE News

Keeping up mental health

Tricks given by staff and student to keep up with mental health
Danielle Scott
Mr. Julkowski’s eighth hour class

Between school, work, sports and extra curricular activities, mental health can often be overlooked. However, many students and teachers would agree that keeping track of one’s mental health is an important part of their routines. Ms. Kobes, the 9th and 10th grade Counselor, said, “I try to reflect on my mental health probably daily.” Which is something she shares with Mr. De Haan, who said, “I make it a part of my routine to make sure I’m doing okay mentally.” These two teachers also share this aspect of their day with Senior, Kiley Trembath. She said, “I reflect about every day.” Reflecting often is an important task that should not be ignored.

Keeping your mental health good is a major part in balancing your life. Kobes said,”Good mental health really impacts your physical well-being, your social well-being…” Mental health has a huge effect on your entire life, which makes it more important than many realize.

Good mental health can be tricky to balance on your own. Kobes said, “My biggest tip is just to find people and things that you love and enjoy, and make sure you make time for those things.” Trembath has found her passion in wood carving, and building. Finding your passions and making it a point to do them can improve your mental health drastically.

Keeping good mental health is important, but it can be a tricky task to do it alone. If you find yourself needing help, talking to a school counselor, therapist, or a trusted friend or guardian might help. Routinely check up on yourself, and make it a point to keep your mental health good.

Donate to NOISE News

Your donation will support the student journalists of Spectrum High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.

Donate to NOISE News