The Student News Site of Spectrum High School

NOISE News

Breaking News

NOISE News

NOISE News

Marvel’s impact on this word is huge

Marvel Fan art By Emerson Swanson (Emerson Swanson)

Options about Marvel range far and away, even with age; adults and kids have some very different and same views on Marvel. Even though many of the kids of this generation have grown up with Marvel. Marvel continues to grow as the years go by. But what makes Marvel so important to kids, adults, teachers, students, and everyone around the world?

Characters are one reason why people love Marvel so much. Many fans have a favorite character, but many fans stick to the main six; Captain America, Iron Man, Thor, Hulk, and Black Widow. Everyone has their reason for choosing that character to be their favorite, but most of the time it could be how that character is looked at or how they are shown in the Marvel Franchise.  Yet not everyone’s favorite character is of the main six. For example, Mr. De Haan said, “My favorite Marvel character is Spider-man, specifically Miles Morales”. Many people don’t like to tell people why they like that character, and that is fine.

Everyone has their favorite character but, sometimes their reasons for their favorite character can be a little weird. That is fine, Abbey Dennis said, “My favorite character is Bucky because he has a metal arm.”.

Favorite movies or shows are another reason why people love Marvel so much. Even though a lot of other people love to watch all the movies and all the shows, and don’t have any personal options about the movies and shows. Fans have lots to say, they tend to have very strong opinions on what movies are the best and which aren’t.  They tend to gravitate towards a certain group of them.  Most people tend to say the originals, but that could mean; Captain America the First Avenger, Iron Man, Dr. Strange, Thor, Avengers, or it could mean Iron Man 3, Thor the Dark World, Captain America the Winter Soldier, Guardians of the Galaxy, and Avengers Age of Ultron. Yet people do have different opinions on what their favorite movie is. Mr. De Haan said, “I liked Spider-Man, Dr. Strange, and Black Panther. The rest of them were… whatever.” Yet, some people don’t have a favorite. They just have a group of favorites and that is what they like. Abbey said, “I don’t like them as much as the old ones, because I feel like they have more action.” I don’t know what Abbey means by the old phases having more action than the new phases.

Marvel Art by Emerson Swanson (Emerson Swanson)

The old Marvel movies are yet a reason why people love Marvel so much. As Marvel continues to make more movies and shows, fans are gravitating to phases one and two, or the “old ones” for short. While the newer phases are getting a bit out of control, they are trying to make too many at a time and aren’t focusing on one at a time. Yet, Mr. De Haan said, “Old ones for sure.” Also,  Abbey said, “I like the old movies better.” Most people like the old Marvel better because they would focus on one at a time and not make five at once.

Yet there is a downside to all the new Marvel movies, many fans can’t tell if Marvel has “ended”. What I mean by “ended” is that Marvel has stopped caring whether or not the characters and the movies are really important to the story.  Like are all these movies and shows important even after they defeated Thanos and is it really important to make the character’s story last longer, and is there an “end” to the Marvel Universe? Mr. De Haan said, “No, I feel like more movies are coming because in the new movies I have watched the ends give me a feeling that there is more coming.”, while Abbey said, “I believe that Marvel is on its way to ending if they don’t stop what they are doing now.”

Yet after all that Marvel is doing, Mr. De Haan pointed out that Marvel is doing too much right now at the moment and they should dial it back.

Even though many fans have different opinions doesn’t mean that Marvel is all bad, yet that still doesn’t matter. There is still good in what Marvel is doing, even with making more movies and shows.

Donate to NOISE News

Your donation will support the student journalists of Spectrum High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.

Donate to NOISE News